HORMONE REPLACEMENT THERAPY
The Natural Pathway To Hormone Health
When you think about hormones, you probably think first about puberty and the rapid changes our bodies go through as we develop from teenagers to young men and women. If you're a woman, you're also well aware of the role hormones play in controlling your monthly cycle. But hormones do much more than this. They're powerful chemical messengers sent out by the thyroid, pituitary, adrenal and other glands to cells throughout our bodies, where they:
- Stimulate or inhibit the growth of cells
- Activate or suppress the immune system
- Regulate metabolism
- Control the reproductive cycle
- Signal other glands to produce their own hormones.
Hormone levels peak in our mid-twenties and then begin to gradually decline. By the time we reach our 40s and 50s, the effects become apparent. Our minds and bodies start to decline and we experience the disturbing early signs of premature aging.
Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) can reverse many of these harmful effects by restoring key hormones to optimum levels. These include:
- Human Growth Hormone (HGH) is produced by the pituitary gland, a pea-sized organ at the base of the brain. HGH is one of the most important hormones in controlling how our cells grow, reproduce and regenerate. When restored to healthy levels, HGH increases lean muscle mass, energy and sex drive. It also helps with weight reduction and fighting insomnia.
- Testosterone is primarily produced by the testes in men and the ovaries in women. For men, testosterone is the hormone of puberty, reproductive health, sex drive and increased muscle and bone mass. For women, testosterone has similar effects, increasing sex drive and reducing the severity of menopausal symptoms and bone loss.
- Estrogen is primarily produced in the ovaries, and during pregnancy, the placenta. Men also produce and use estrogen in much smaller quantities. For women, it is the hormone of puberty, vaginal lubrication, menstruation and pregnancy, maintaining healthy blood vessels and skin and serving many other important functions. Estrogen Replacement Therapy helps prevent heart disease, obesity, diabetes, osteoporosis and other serious health risks.
- Progesterone is sometimes called the "hormone of pregnancy," although it serves many other essential functions in both women and men. As a "Neurosteroid," progesterone protects the nervous system and may improve memory and cognitive abilities. It also reduces inflammation and regulates the immune system. Progesterone Replacement Therapy is also believed to prevent endometrial cancer and reduce susceptibility to diabetes. At New U MedSpa, we're committed to helping all of our clients achieve Hormone Health. After an in-depth evaluation, Dr. Syed will help you determine whether HRT is right for you. If so, he'll prescribe a customized treatment program that will help you look and feel your best.
Natural is Best
You may have heard about research studies showing that HRT can increase a woman's chances of developing heart disease and certain types of cancer. Virtually all of these studies were based on "traditional" HRT and the use of synthetic hormones developed and manufactured by pharmaceutical companies. Synthetics are very different from the natural hormones our bodies recognize as their own.
At New U MedSpa, we use only bio-identical hormones derived from plants and other natural sources. These are an exact match of the hormones our bodies naturally produce, so they behave in exactly the same ways, without the dangerous side effects of synthetics. And, rather than taking the "one dose fits all" approach you'll find at other practices, Dr. Syed will prescribe a precise blend of bio-identicals customized to your unique physiology and needs.